aperiodic grid?

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat Oct 3 08:15:13 PDT 2009

Hi--

Anybody use an aperiodic grid for OS?

Here's what I mean: In the big room at an OS meeting, we can have many
simultaneous conversations going on at once, and the physical space used
varies comfortably with the size and needs of the group. How about time,
too?

A couple of weeks ago I facilitated an annual retreat for a Meeting of
Quakers. It was opening some space, but was not OS. Nevertheless I think
I learned something: We made the conversation time slots unequal:

10:15   75 min
11:30   30 min
12:00   90 min
13:30  150 min
13:45   60 min
14:45   20 min
15:05   Closing circle

Has anyone tried something like this in OS? See any good in it? I think
I want to try it again....

			:- Doug.