re honouring each other

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Sat Nov 21 08:36:52 PST 2009

just to be clear about one thing, holger... you said...
*
> This list has a long history, and obviously
people like that history. History brings togetherness, whether the tool is
"owned" by somebody or not (by the way - I have never felt that Michael owns
this space. I am sure a lot of people didn't even know until last week). We
have been here for a long time, and it is difficult to move into a new
house.*

...and i want to say that i do not own the oslist.  most recently, i was
referring only to the history that is held in the pages of
openspaceworld.org.

murli nagasundaram is the guy who first invited us (here) to boise state,
and has been the nominal owner as far as the boise state list admin folks
are concerned.  my earliest observation in this thread, about the oslist
ownership, was just to point out that if boise state decided to change their
systems, we have no control at all over that.  for now, we are just lucky
that we have murli -- and also lucky that the admin guys like him/us well
enough that we've worked out an arrangement through which the admin guys
will to look after us, even if murli were to leave the uni.

so none of us really owns the oslist, and for the last 13 years, it is
working just fine.  to paraphrase ralph, the space doesn't care who owns it.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://www.michaelherman.com
http://www.ronanparktrail.com