Wikipedia and Open Space...the beginning of something bigger?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Nov 18 19:49:59 PST 2009

The truly interesting thing is that the academic literature (along with academia) has virtually ignored Open Space. To the best of my knowledge there has never been a peer reviewed article published anywhere. There have been several dissertations, but that is all. Question: How could the academic world ignore a 25 year old, 100,000 iteration, 136 country phenomenon? Go figure! Personally I don't care, and if anything I would consider it their loss. But this fact does not make providing the sort of independent sources Wikipedia wants a possible thing. In fact there have been major stories in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Times of London, etc,etc.  -- which perhaps could be used if somebody cared to do so. A search of the archives of the Times and the Post will produce those articles.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr
Potomac, MD 20854