Wikipedia and Open Space...the beginning of something bigger?

Justin T. Sampson justin at krasama.com
Wed Nov 18 19:14:23 PST 2009

Hi Suzanne & Everyone,

The essential thing about Wikipedia style is that they really do want to be
an encyclopedia. That does mean that it's not a place to post anything
really personal or original. But it doesn't necessarily have to exclude the
subjective experience, as long as that experience has been documented
somewhere else.

The "evidence" that's needed isn't scientific evidence that Open Space
"works" or anything like that; think of it more as documentary evidence
about who practices Open Space, how they do so, and notable events in its
history. The most appreciated documentary evidence will be in the form of
papers in peer-reviewed journals, articles in reliable newspapers, books
published by reputable presses, and so forth. Here's a page describing
"reliable sources" in detail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:RS

So the first step is to gather together all the available references -- all
the articles and books that have been published about Open Space, its
history, and how it relates to other meeting styles. That would be the basis
for a really solid Wikipedia article.

Cheers,
Justin (who's only done a very tiny bit of Wikipedia editing)