Canadians too polite??

Caitlin Frost caitlin.frost at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:15:51 PDT 2009

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ARE TOO POLITE!!!!

just kidding.  couldn't resist.

I have been in many Open Space's with Canadians and have experienced lots of
movement.  I find that speaking clearly the value of the movement in the
system and giving good attention to the butterfly and bumblebee piece is
valuable, and it generally works well especially as the space opens and
people get a feel for it.  I have experienced people politely using their
two feet also ("thanks - bye .....") and lots of passion for the process and
excitement at the invitation to move about, dive into the middle for pens
and such.

Interested to hear from others if you have noticed a pattern of less
movement in Canada.  Not in our house anyway. :)

Cheers,

Caitlin.

--
The gentlest thing in the world is an open mind.  Since it doesn't believe
what it thinks, it is flexible, porous, without opposition, without defense.

CAITLIN M FROST
Facilitation, Coaching, Project Management,
Principal - Harvest Moon Consultants Ltd.