Necessity of space

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat May 23 08:29:03 PDT 2009

Pat--

You are welcome!

Your picture of a membrane is stretching my picture. I had seen a
membrane as more or less two dimensional, sort of a film with no
detectable thickness.

Yet I sense that your membrane has space, sort of like those text book
pictures of skin showing epidermis and dermis and several more layers.
So there is more than a this side of the membrane and that side, but
also an inside. And that comports with what I have been seeing for many
years: there is this space where you and I meet which is not inside
either of us, and there we play as in Rumi's field.

I am not sure what your sentence about the veil means, and am curious.
As you may know, veil has a special meaning to me.

Thanks, Pat, for continuing the evocations!

			:- Doug.