looking for OS practitioner in Philadelphia area

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue May 5 10:37:34 PDT 2009

I say bring on the curious inquiry - how else do we explore complex
issues except with mutual trust that we'll use sometimes smooth,
sometimes lumpy words to express, wonder, share and each other in a
community that cares.

Let's hear it for edginess, John - these things of access and
inclusion are hard to unpack and so often avoided.  And it's
interesting hearing an edge in someone (you) who is usually so very
skilled with direct and thoughtful speaking but not with edginess.
Maybe it teaches others that you, a man of great peace and dedication
to equity who works side by side with people facing great challenges,
have seen things that some of us others could hardly imagine about
injustice and disinclusion....

I am guessing that all of us in this community will always strive to
choose words that express, communicate and inquire in the best
possible way.

Let us welcome inquiry and mutual learning even (and especially?) when
it is not all smooth.
Let us never be silenced by fear that we won't have said something
well enough, although we have tried to do so.
I think when edges happen it illustrates an opportunity that so much
more is to be shared and learned.

Thank you Nigel for asking and thank you John for both your edgy
response and your 'circling back' to reflect on the possible impact of
your response...
Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator