Looking for DC Area Volunteer or 2

Kaliya * identitywoman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:38:27 PST 2009

A while ago Lucas Cioffi popped up on this list asking for many facilitators
for an unconference around the Open Government Directive.

Since then we have been working together and produced one event on November
16th.  It used a rapid fire presentation format along with some audience
conversation guided by common questions.

We are going ahead with a 2nd conference on January 11th in DC.  It will use
a similar rapid fire presentation format (5 min preso's with 2min of
questions) structured audience conversation and then spend the afternoon in
Open Space Technology - we will make our agenda before the lunch break and
then have 3-4 sessions (time slots).

Because unconferences have a slightly looser "binding" and "intention" then
open space done within organizational contexts to solve problems it is a
challenge to actually collect notes/proceedings. I have been working with
Heidi Nobantu Saul to develop systemic ways of doing documentaiton
specifically in unconference settings.  We would be using this method.

Lucas and I are wondering if there are one or two people who are seeking
more experience with open space technology and would like to volunteer to
play a role in leading the documentation / collection of notes effort at
this event.

I will be flying out form California to facilitate this event on the 11th.
Neither Lucas or I or anyone else is being paid for this gig. We are looking
at moving into an ongoing series of unconferences focused on the OGD that
would have compensation for those making them happen.

Please respond off list with your interest to kaliya at mac.com
Thanks,
 -Kaliya