Fwd: Methods for Strategic Collaboration Foundations Training

Christine Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Fri Dec 4 07:23:25 PST 2009

Dear Open Space Friends,

If you know anyone who might be interested (including you!) in
learning how to blend and scale Appreciative Inquiry, Open Space,
World Cafe, and Polarity Mapping, please pass this along.

This Phoenix, Arizona, USA workshop will be offered in two parts to
allow for project development and practice between the sessions.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Warm wishes from sunny Phoenix,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy
480.759.0262
www.christinewhitneysanchez.com
Skype: christinewhitneysanchez
http://www.facebook.com/ChristineWhitneySanchez

     Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy
METHODS FOR STRATEGIC COLLABORATION
Foundations Training

January 14-15, 2010
February 11-12, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
REGISTER NOW!

What People
are Saying...

""This workshop has built my confidence as a facilitator and enabled
me to incorporate particularly Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space
Technology into a pilot test of an activity to mobilize sector wide
collaboration in order to improve the national response to orphans and
vulnerable children throughout sub-Saharan Africa."
Jane Begala, Constella Futures, Washington D.C.

"I realized my dreams come true. I will be able to help others serve a
worthy purpose. I saw the impact of my heart - I can't wait to live it."
Michael Jackson, USAA

"Christine has blended the methodologies in a way that makes sense to
me. She shares her experience generously and I continue to "mine" the
workshop guide I received for deeper learning. I was especially
grateful to learn about how she's successfully scaled some of the
methods for very large groups. There was something more I took away,
too. Christine has designed a learning process that brings out not
just the knowledge of the participants, but the wisdom and heart from
which all transformation flows."
Mary Pierce, Phoenix, AZ

"Thank you for showing me a different, more spiritual way of doing
Open Space."
Andrew Ballance, London, England

"Through relaxed pacing, personal space, safety in the group and
Christine's authentic and spirit-filled facilitation I learned about
the spirit of facilitation and the holding of ambiguity."
Anita Yap, Singapore

"The high point for me in this workshop was the absolute invitation
and safe space to be authentic in the process of learning and growing.
It was an intimate embodiment of collective wisdom. The format of
learning by doing, to teach methods through the methods allowed for an
accelerated, seamless experience."
Magda Peck, University of Nebraska Medical Center

"I'm excited about the "click" of several concrete AI projects to
address challenges that I'd been mulling for some time."
Participant from Israel

"I wish to have many more opportunities to attend and participate in
this kind of process, but also to be able to share it widely."
Participant from South Africa

"I plan to use some Appreciative Inquiry in my next leadership
workshop in Ireland, as a first step in bringing about a change to
emphasize the positive in training of our leaders."
Participant from Ireland

"Thank you for the quality time & exchanges in Singapore, but mostly
for the years of courage & dedication to becoming such an embodiment
of who you are."
Michal Papegaaij, Australia

Strategic Collaboration - working together for a higher purpose

Develop foundational skills to apply four powerful methods used around
the world to engage groups of 2 to 10,000 in breakthrough thinking,
decision-making and collaborative action.
Portable | Flexible | Scalable

Appreciative Inquiry is a positive change method predicated on what's
already working and building on that success. Rather than focus on
what needs to be fixed, Appreciative Inquiry looks deeply into the
root causes of success and leverages and amplifies what is most
successful, meaningful and alive to make dreams happen. From one-to-
one conversations, incorporating storytelling about values and
desires, the process expands to large group process for co-creating
the future. Appreciative Inquiry is an ideal planning and management
tool because it catalyzes a cascade of affirmative conversations
throughout the system.

Open Space Technology quickly enables diverse groups of people, as
well as those who work together every day, to tap into the collective
intelligence of the whole. The principles, practices and self-
organizing process of leverage each person's passion into a call for
action. In half-day to three-day Open Space gatherings, participants
create and manage their own agenda of parallel working sessions around
a central strategic theme. The outcome includes recorded discussions,
next steps and a commitment to action.

World Café fosters collaborative dialogue in large groups by rotating
participants through a series of small tables. Authentic conversations
encourage sharing knowledge, building on each other's ideas, thinking
outside of the box and creating connections. This easy to use process
quickly generates quality in-depth responses to challenges and
opportunities.

Polarity Mapping is powerful tool designed by Barry Johnson, Ph.D.
that leverages the best of apparent opposites resulting in win-win
solutions. Many challenges are not problems that can be solved with
either/or solutions. Rather, they are dilemmas or polarities to be
managed. Polarity mapping provides a complete picture of the
interdependent opposing forces that often create gridlock. Working
with the upsides of both poles, predictions can be made for the types
of change that will result from any strategy.
Workshop Details
This workshop is offered in two parts to allow for practice between
the sessions.

Dates: January 14-15, February 11-12, 2010, 8:00am-4:00pm
Cost:   $500 - Early Bird by December 21, 2009 and Groups of 3+
            $750 - Single registrations after December 21, 2009

Register before December 21 and save $250!

Venue| ASU Mercado Center - 502. E. Monroe St., Phoenix, AZ

For More Information
Please contact Irene Jacobs, 602-909-7302
Cancellation
Registration fees will be refunded in full prior to December 21. A 50%
refund will be given prior to December 31. Except in the case of
emergency, registration fees will not be refunded after December 31
but may be applied to future offerings.
Faculty

Christine Whitney Sanchez has collaborated with leaders across four
continents to build the capacity for distributed leadership and
conscious collaboration. She is an international pioneer in blending
Appreciative Inquiry, World Café, Open Space Technology, Polarity
Mapping and virtual collaboration tools to deepen communication and
liberate self-organization. She has led and virtually coordinated
dozens of corporate, government and nonprofit groups in delivering
large-scale change events and has trained hundreds of facilitators
around the world in strength-based approaches for self-organizing in
their own communities.

Christine has facilitated some of the largest intergenerational
conversations in the world at the 2005 and 2008 Girl Scout National
Conventions where she invited over thirteen thousand girls and adults
into conversations that matter.

Christine brought Methods for Strategic Collaboration to organizations
such as Northrop Grumman, United States Postal Service, Arizona
Diamondbacks Sales, American Red Cross, City of Aspen, CO, La Liga de
La Leche Latinamericano, The Nature Conservancy, City of Mesa, AZ,
KaosPilots Business School in Denmark, Facilitators Network Singapore
and Girl Scouts of the USA.

For more information please visit Christine's website.
Forward email

This email was sent to milagro27 at cox.net by cwhitneysanchez at gmail.com.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |
Privacy Policy.
Email Marketing by

Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy | 2717 E Mountain Sky Avenue | Phoenix
| AZ | 85048

THIS IS A TEST EMAIL ONLY.
This email was sent by the author for the sole purpose of testing a
draft message. If you believe you have received the message in error,
please contact the author by replying to this message. Constant
Contact takes reports of abuse very seriously: if you wish to report
abuse, please forward this message to abuse at constantcontact.com.