Incentive to participate?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Aug 26 14:31:32 PDT 2009

People susceptible to a bribe obviously care about the bribe - but one might
ask - what else do they really care about? I would guess that in the
situation you describe you want people who truly care about the future of
your university. If it were me, I would just lay it out plain and clear -
Invitation might read, "If you care about the future of Mystic U. -- Come! "
It is a question as to whether you should leave the obvious implication
un-stated. (If you don't care - Don't come.) Being a curmudgeonly sort, I
would probably state the obvious, just in case.

Seriously - participation for the sake of participation is of questionable
value. You want to make it clear that serious business will be done, and
only the truly serious (caring) need apply. As for the rest??? Let them go
fishing. But for goodness sake don't try to bribe them. Total lose/lose
situation. I think.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

189 Beaucaire Ave

Camden, ME 04843

207-763-3261 (Summer)

301-365-2093 (Winter)

Website www.openspaceworld.com

Personal Website www.ho-image.com

OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options
<http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>

  _____