Incentive to participate?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Aug 26 14:16:26 PDT 2009

Ah, David - I think you answered yourself...
Lisa
My univ is considering using Open Space for strategic planning. The
event probably will need to be held at a time when faculty are not
“officially” on campus – before a term, during a term break, or after
a term. The question has come up about offering an incentive (e.g.,
nice meal, book purchase, door prizes) to encourage faculty
participation. A part of me wonders if bribing people to attend (or
rewarding them depending on your perspective) goes against the grain
of simply inviting faculty and staff to bring their passion to the
event because they care? I would greatly appreciate hearing what folks
on the listserv think. Thank you. David Cox

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space
lisaheft at openingspace.net
www.openingspace.net

Join me for the Open Space Learning Workshop
December 9-11, San Francisco