Why is a grid sometimes useful?

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 10:13:41 PDT 2009

Thx so much Michael,  another nuance with enormous depth ie:
self-organization is the process or it just *is* I guess... not even a
process.  The act of *opening space*  in our lives so self-organization and
individual/collective leadership can happen is what draws me so much.  Now
for my angst....well, that's a big one..and that will come with time.  It's
a giant step for me to learn to let go and not feel responsibile or inept.
Don't know or understand the Weirds and perception?
Smiles from sunny Florida!
Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
www.nufocusgroup.com
s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Michael M Pannwitz <mmpanne at boscop.org>wrote:

> Dear Suzanne,
> you got it, the ownership is with the group where passion and
> responsibility reside.
> Its not in the process! I think.
> Unless you mean by process the forces of selforganisation (whatever that
> is, sometimes I smell it)...and thats with the group, too.
> So, knowing about the forces of selforganisation (they will be active
> regardless of what you trust in or believe in or hope for) calms me.
> And if you feel angst in the room, rest assured, its your angst and
> everything else are assumptions (to get further into this string, a good
> orientation is what the Weirds found out about perceptions).
> Now, having said all of this, I humbly invite you to include yourself in
> the Open Space World Map so everybody can "see" you.
> Regardless of where you are, Canada or Florida in the US.
> Here is the link
>
>> http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/
>>
> And here is the direct link to the inclusion form
>
>> http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/index.php?id=198
>>

> and invite the rest of your bunch, too.
> Greetings from Berlin at tropical heats near midnight
> mmp
>

> Suzanne Daigle wrote:
>
>> The gem for me was this: The issue is not “organization” – but who does it
>> and when does it happen? I get it...I hope, I think.  It means then that
>> the
>> ownership is where it should be: with the group from A to Z and they lead
>> the dance of chaos and organization.
>>
>> Thank you for this topic on the grid which already has caused me grief and
>> self-doubt when I facilitated. What I learn from this is that it won't
>> matter exactly how I do the grid as long as I am mindful about what my
>> true
>> role is as a facilitator: to assist in the convening, to open the space,
>> hold the space, (be invisible) and then close the space. It's so hard to
>> trust the process sometimes when you're still internalizing it yourself,
>> feeling the angst in a room and honoring what is.
>>
>> Suzanne
>>
>> Suzanne Daigle
>> www.nufocusgroup.com
>> s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>   Artur – we will be looking forward to your return! And an odd thought
>>> passed through my muddled mind. It occurred to me, I think because you
>>> mentioned being an engineer that it might somehow appear that “getting
>>> organized”  and “being organized” are somehow anathema to Open Space. It
>>> might even seem that I have implied as much – if so that would be a
>>> massive
>>> mistake on my part. The issue is not “organization” – but who does it and
>>> when does it happen? The truth of the matter is that every Open Space is
>>> highly organized, usually more so than any facilitator or planning
>>> committee
>>> could ever imagine.

> [...]

NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle