September 12th in Washington, DC

Lucas Cioffi lucas.cioffi at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 27 22:02:10 PDT 2009

Hello Folks,

For those living within driving distance of Washington, DC, I come offering
an unpaid opportunity to work very hard keeping people from hurting each
other.  What more can a professional facilitator ask for?!

On September 12th, a group of 15 facilitators and I are holding a
non-partisan town hall meeting on the National Mall.  We will be right next
to a rally of 12,000 conservatives at the US Captiol, and we expect
approximately 200 progressives from local grassroots organizations to
participate.  The event is called the American Townhall on Health Care.

We are attempting to break the media narrative which implies that public
engagement always leads to yelling.  We are not attempting to have a very
deep dialogue, but we will instead show that some dialogue is possible even
in such a politically charged environment.

Because we are so few, we are going to leverage social media and
collaborative tools to create a disproportionately large impact on the media
narrative.

We have nothing to offer you, but we can sure use your assistance in keeping
the event civil.  We need facilitators who can listen to Americans who need
to feel heard.

Our blog has more details:
http://americantownhalls.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/the-overall-strategy/

Please feel free to connect with us via phone or email.  Yes, we know this
is unusual-- and that's why it just might work.  Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Lucas Cioffi
CEO, AthenaBridge Inc
Washington, DC