Social Networking

Holger Nauheimer (Change Facilitation) holger at CHANGE-FACILITATION.ORG
Thu Apr 2 23:23:49 PDT 2009

Dear Michael,

if you have observed me over the last years, you know that I use the term
“Change Management” as a pure marketing term – it’s the language the clients
speak, and I use it to reach out to them. I believe what people understand
when they talk change management is actually project management, i.e.
managing the things of change that can be managed (a few, e.g. setting up
meetings, PR campaigns, etc.). I prefer to use change facilitation instead,
and when I get to talk to clients I explain them that they have to prepared
for the unknown.

I attended a good presentation here in San Francisco of a German guy who is
the CEO of CoreMedia, the company who has developed the Internet TV for
German ZDF and will develop the web presence for Vancouver Olympics 2010. He
said it clearly: We cannot predict what happens next. No wonder that in his
organization they use OST a lot.

Change cannot be managed.

Regards,
Holger