OST in Amsterdam

Jack Martin Leith jack at jackmartinleith.com
Tue Oct 28 02:27:15 PDT 2008

Hello Ivana.

My Amsterdam-based friend Tom van der Kroon www.tonvanderkroon.nl has
facilitated Open Space for Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Dutch Railways). It was
my client but they needed a Dutch speaker. This was about 12 years ago!

And I was technical adviser to a couple of OS events for ABN Amro Bank - one
was held in Noorwijk, the other in Hong Kong.

Also, I've run a number of OS events for Shell in Rijswijk, and much further
afield (e.g. Muscat, Oman).

There's a lot of OS going on in the Netherlands and I'm sure you'll get
other replies like this one.

I can't see how this is going to help you "sell this upwards from the ground
level" though. Is there any chance of getting these managers together so you
can walk (not just talk) them through the process?

I'm not one of those people who says "you can't sell Open Space". That's
utter nonsense. Anything can be sold. Selling isn't sbout making someone buy
something that's not right for them. It's about helping people address their
concerns. So find out what these concerns are, and help address them.

If all else fails, consider saying to them: "You're right. This is too risky
for you right now. I advise you not to use Open Space under any
circumstances."

I hope this helps.

Success!

Jack