Hunger

Michael Wood mjwood at admin.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 19:43:05 PDT 2008

It's a great idea and a couple of thoughts:

1. A theme looking for a sponsor. It's a bit like our "Climate Space"
idea. It won't get much traction unless it's sponsored by people who
recognise the issue and then perceive that OS is the ideal process. So
who are the organisations which are already passionate about ending war
and world hunger and have we/you had a face to face conversation with
them about Open Space?

2. That sponsor may then need to rework the exact wording of theme to
something that resonates for them.

3. On the wording of the theme, I think there's a psychological
principle at work in most people about achievability. So for example, if
someone had strung a tight rope between the twin towers in New York(like
that brilliant Frenchman did....look out for the recently released
documentary film "Man on wire") and then invited me to walk across it, I
would have declined. How is a topic worded that sounds and feels
achievable enough for me to want to turn up and make a contribution?

Michael Wood
Perth, Western Australia