wondering continued

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Oct 8 06:09:09 PDT 2008

Good Wonderings!

The actions in every Open Space are: 1. Sit in a circle. 2. Create a
Bulletin Board. 3. Open a Market place. 4. Go to Work. In a word, Market
(place) is an integral part of Open Space from the beginning. With the
wisdom of hindsight (I certainly didn't see this in the Two Martinis) I
would suggest that what happens in every Open Space is that we create the
essential conditions for the natural process of self-organization to work
effectively. And every market just happens to be one of the most powerful
examples of self organization at work. This is not a Capitalistic market,
Marxist market, Islamic market - just Market. The various flavors are the
several intellectual models or maps we have created to think about the
market. Each one is useful in its own way, and all are limited by our
inability to fully perceive the profound complexity and interconnectedness
that is present. And when we make the ultimate mistake of confusing the map
(model) with the territory we are truly in Deep Kimshi. It is all connected,
it is all interdependent - and although a particular market may have a
beginning and an end - the great market place in the sky never sleeps. I
think that has always been true, but now we can see it in Living Color. It
is called the Internet.

The "Question" is very important. And so we have particular markets, and
only those who care show up (usually), and if they don't care, they leave
(Law of Two Feet). For some people Sow Bellies and Corn is the thing. If
that is not your cup of tea - move on. . .

Wonder on!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html