No subject

fergal barr thekingisalive at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 09:06:20 PDT 2008

Greetings Folks

I have many new friends in the world of Open Space now....every day I get lots of messages....it's nice to be part of an extended network without doing anything.......some interesting conversations.....anyhow, I would like to share something with you.....nothing to do with Open Space but it did become my passion for a while....until I finished product....and now I'd like to share the finished product with you......and with Christmas coming up (I know that not all of you celebrate Christmas) but as my birthday isn't until May it's a long way away....so here's my message....please share it with all of your friends....

The Perfect Christmas Present......for Him....and anyone else for that matter....but if you're tired getting him socks, pens with his name on it and after shave then think again!

the things people say....
Political Quotations from the Northern Ireland Peace Process

“I can’t get the IRA to surrender. I can’t do it at this time. They would chase me out of the room.....”
(Martin McGuniness)

“If there is going to be real success at the end of the talks there will have to be major changes to articles 2 and 3….”
(John Taylor)

“Of course the day will come when we will sit down with Sinn Fein.”
(Gusty Spence)

“We stand ready for the day when we deliver policing without the need to bear arms.”
(Ronnie Flanagan)
This book offers:
·          An insight into the key issues involved in The Northern Ireland Peace Process and Nationalist/Republican and Unionist/Loyalist thinking towards the Peace Process
·          Almost 200 quotations across 12 areas including Victims, Paramilitaries and Prisoners, Policing, Marching, Decommissioning and The Good Friday Agreement
·          Quotes from academics, clergy, political activists, journalists, political commentators, the public and politicians including Martin McGuinness, David Trimble, George Mitchell, Bertie Ahern and Tony Blair
·          The opportunity reflect on current and past political debate and draw your own conclusions on same, consider the perspective of ‘others’ in light of the political developments over the last 10-15 years and formulate arguments, challenge opinion and confront prejudice and intolerance by understanding the various views that exist within Northern Ireland society

“These voices from our immediate past help us to maintain the commitment to build a society where we will never, ever repeat the past, remove the gun in its entirety from Irish politics and build a community rooted in justice, compassion, tolerance, respect and peace.”
Johnston Mc Master, Irish School of Ecumenics

“This book can support individuals to take the learning from our past into transforming our future which is a must for this society. The book gives you so much to think about.”
Nichola Lynagh, Northern Ireland Council for Integrated Education

“These quotes are snapshots from the recent history of events, arguments and ideas in this part of Ireland, and they’re very effective in reminding us where we’ve been and just how much the landscape has changed.”
Martin McGinley, Editor, Derry Journal

“Citizenship classes and community relations workers here in Northern Ireland could find this a useful reference guide for planning workshops or lessons as the content and layout lends itself to something of that nature.  Barr’s unusual, but highly effective method of allowing both sides to speak for themselves, without comment or analysis allows the reader space to see both sides”
Erin Lovett, Verbal Magazine

Ordering couldn’t be easier…… certainly easier than booking an airline ticket!

The book costs £10 + p & p and can be obtained on-line at:
 www.trafford.com/07-2815

You can also go into any good book shop and order your copy:
ISBN 978-1-4251-6179-8
For further information you can e-mail Fergal on thekingisalive at hotmail.com or contact him on 079 4459 5864

____________________________________________________________________________________My book:  The Things People Say: Political Quotations from the Northern Ireland Peace Process To buy it on-line: http://www.trafford.com/07-2815 To order it in a book shop: Give the nice man/woman this ISBN number : 1-4251-6179-0Info about me: http://trainers.salto-youth.net/FergalBarr/

Organisation I work for: www.claudyyouth.com

Organistion I used to work for: www.offthestreets.org

How I live my life: Humour is the shortest distance between people;Always remember there is someone worse off than you; It's not a matter of if only a matter of when