War & Hunger Event Invitation and Challenge

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Sun Nov 2 03:23:29 PST 2008

Dear Wendy,
there you go!
There is an IPPNW office in Berlin, is the IPP Foundation related? Got a
website?
They conducted a conference on "The culture of Peace" a few weeks
ago...I sent a personal letter to all "impulse" people (a pretty
impressive crowd) including either the German version or the original
"Practice of Peace" book by ho. Could not attend myself but did receive
half a dozen personal letters back thanking for the book, etc.
Irmi Grünsteidel and I have been looking out for opportunities to supply
  PoP to the peace movement...and its simply overwhelming how much grass
roots stuff is going on in Berlin and Germany (in November there is the
traditional "Friedensdekade", ten days of gatherings, demonstrations,
workshops, etc.´with thousands of organisations participating).
Searching the worldscape
> http://www.openspaceworldscape.org/

where some 35 of us have deposited a total of 475 events with
"peace/human rights" in the field "NGO" 15 events pop up under that
category, about 3 percent of the total...so ost is not being used very
extensively for the peace issue in this small (475) sample.

What is possible, for those in this list that want to get on the
"bandwaggon" is to not only announce events here on the list but also to
list them in the worldscape (you are invited to start with it, and also
to list other events you have facilitated or plan to facilitate).

The world map itself simply lists countries and facilitators in those
countries that have included themselves in the map. It is not laid out
for particular passions or content but simply to show the spread of os
and who is involved with it. Of course, everyone listed there can post
websites that lead to os events that deal with war/peace and
hunger/thriving for all.

I really like the down-to-earth, do it in my neighborhood approach of
your initiative with a clear focus on what we can do locally.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp