War & Hunger Event Invitation and Challenge

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Sun Nov 2 22:45:17 PST 2008

wendy,
thanks much for the challenge!

i'll take you up on your challenge if only because i live to see ralph eat
pixels (and then for him to write a poem about the physical experience of
pixel consumption).

and looking forward to sharing what comes of the initiative.

and if anyone would like to connect with me offlist for a skype/phone/email
conversation for brainstorming and mutual encouragement in responding to the
Wendy Challenge, drop me an email (raffi at bk.ru, raffi_1970 at yahoo.com)

appreciatively from san diego,

where i just early voted (*only* 3 and 1/2 hour wait to vote today; many
cheerfully waited six hours),

raffi

"Our capacity to understand that life itself doesn't have an agenda,
particularly *our* agenda, seems to be very limited. We insist on our sense
of entitlement that life give us comfort, pleasure, and ease. Why can't we
understand that the fullest and richest experience of life is often the
result of the difficulties that life presents, where we are forced to go
deeper? Isn't disappointment often our greatest teacher? To work effectively
with our attempts to find comfort through escaping and numbing, it is
essential that we first acknowledge this dynamic for whiat it is- a
conditioned control strategy that, again and again, leads only to futility
in trying to avoid the inner unease our behaviors are meant to cover over..."

--ezra bayda
raffi