WOSonOS 2008 - Access Queen says: Wish to raise or share some resources?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Fri May 9 16:28:47 PDT 2008

Hello, dear colleagues -

At the 2000  WOSonOS in
Berlin the idea of helping each other get to WOSonOSs across the world
with a simple sharing of resources was born.  At the 2001 WOSonOS in
Vancouver the Access Queen project was born as I said, 'Hey, I will be
happy to encourage people to ask for what they need and offer what they
can' and the late great Ms. Laurel Doersam named me 'Access Queen'.

Since then, I have had a lovely time being amazed at those of you
who have courage to ask for support and those of you with generosity to
offer your resources to others.  And collectively, we the lovely Open
Space community have helped many people join us at the WOSonOSs.

It is like the story of my childhood (and maybe yours, too) of 'Stone
Soup' - where nobody in the village had much to share - the traveler came
with just a stone, then asked for a pot to put the stone in, and then some
water to put in the pot. Then he asked for just a carrot.  Someone
else gave him just a potato. And so on. Until he had a bubbling pot of
soup so rich and wonderful and nutritious, for everyone to share.

Maybe you have a few carrots or need a few potatoes this year, eh?

This year, for those of you who are coming to the WOSonOS in San
Francisco in July, there is an option to add a donation in addition with
the money you pay for registration.  These donations go into the
Access Project 'pool' along with lovely teeny little funds from past
WOSonOS Host Teams and individual Givers (thank you oh thank you my
friends).

You can also contact me directly to offer funds, or
connect me with a sponsor who will fund a portion of our expenses (why not
think big: ALL of our expenses) for putting on the WOSonOS, so that more
of each person's registration money can go to supporting Askers - those of
lesser financial means.

The Access Queen Project is not just
about funds, and indeed I do not have funds for any of you asking for the
-big- amounts (such as air ticket).  It is more so we have a little
extra to share amongst the Askers who will be joining us - to help with
some pocket money, for example.

What we also do very well is
share what we have that is -not- money: sharing a hotel room with an
Asker, sharing your home with an Asker, taking an Asker out to dinner
during the conference, picking an Asker up at the airport and other
wonderful things like that.

Therefore I welcome you to contact
me with anything you are able to share - you are the Givers.

And I welcome you to ask if you just need that littlest bit more
support to join us - such as a home stay or some pocket money - you are
the Askers.

And I think you are amazing.

Here is
some more information and a few more ideas for you...

http://www.wosonos2008.org/opportunities.html

http://www.wosonos2008.org/resources.html

http://www.wosonos2008.org/marketplace.html

I bow to
you all (trying to keep my crown on my little fuzzy head)

Lisa
(also known as Access Queen)

L i s a    H e f t
Consultant,