Anyone in New York City?

Communications Esther Matte ematte at excellence.ca
Fri May 9 04:11:51 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Anyone out there in New York City?  I’ll be
moving there at the end of June or early July for
a couple of years!  I’m following my husband, who
will be working at the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations.

“Be ready to be surprised” we say in OS? Well,
this was a big surprise, and a good one too!

I’ll have a work permit for the States so I’d
welcome any info, tips or ideas that I could
explore to work with NGOs, UN agencies,
governments, the private sector, and communities.
I’m all ears. And if you need a hand in opening space, I’d be happy to help!

I’ll remain a Canadian de facto resident, and I
intend to continue to be active in Quebec and all
over Canada. This is a temporary move and I don’t
want people here to forget I exist! My e-mail
won’t change, and New York is only a few hours
from Montréal. In fact, I plan to keep organizing
the Montréal Cercle Forum ouvert (Stammtisch)
every two months. Our last gatherings were quite inspiring.

Tree, when I saw the PS to your message about
who’s going to WOSonOS, needless to say it
resonated with me! It’s a superb opportunity and
I’m being open to all that can be. I won’t be lap
swimming outdoor all year round, but it’ll
certainly be a wonderful adventure to live and
hopefully open space in the Big Apple and elsewhere.

I hope I can get to San Francisco and meet some
of you in person at the end of July but I’ll have
to decide at the last minute. It will all depend
on how the move goes. I’m confident that it’ll go
just fine. Whoever
 Whatever
 Whenever

Cheers!