who's going to WOSonOS this year?

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sat May 3 19:51:00 PDT 2008

Thanks for all these respones.

I am sorry you won't make it this year, Eric.

I look forward to seeing you again Eva.

Catilin, I look forward to seeing Chris again and meeting you and your
children.  I am thrilled that some children are coming. I love the energy
young folk bring and I don't get much access to them in my day-to-day life,
not at this time (but things change, eh?).

I wish everyone on the list could come.

I remind people on this listserv that the deadline for submitting grant
proposals to Open Space Institute/USA is May 6th.  For the last time, with
the deadline three days away, I present our funding criteria:

::: 1 - Projects that serve underserved areas of the world
::: 2 - Leveraged efforts that reach multiple people, especially in training
or other sustaining sorts of ways
::: 3 - Situations wherein other groups or individuals have already made
investments so that OSI-USA augments rather than initiates projects
::: 4 - Project sponsors and facilitators who will do good work and bring
the story back to the larger OS community
::: 5.. We ask that you please wait 3 years or more before you make another
request for funding from us, so that others may also have a chance to use
these resources.  This is a flexible criteria. We are sitting in inquiry
about how to best manage our resources.

If you want to submit a proposal to OSI/USA, I would like you to send it to
this email address:  tree.fitzpatrick#gmail.com.  Then I will make sure that
everyone on the OSI/USA board gets your proposal so they can review it
before our May board meeting.

Very truly yours,

Tree Fitzpatrick
from balmy, sunny Mountain View, California (which is in the same watershed
as San Francisco).

P.S.
I had an unexpected opportunity to move to Northern California two years
ago.  I grew up in the Midwest, in Chicago. Where I come from, lots of folks
dream of moving to California.  But not me.  When the opportunity popped up
and I saw myself paying attention, saw myself making the move, I was
surprised.  It was such a nice surprise, coming out of the blue.  The whole
move popped up like magic and all kinds of things that could have gone wrong
did not go wrong and, gosh golly, there I was, moving to the Bay Area. It
was almost as if I was watching it happen to someone else.

Now that I am here, wow.  I love it here.  I am not sure I would have made
the move if I did not consider Open Space part of my personal practice.  As
I took the steps to move, I kept reminding myself that whatever happens is
the only thing that could or should. And, voila!  I was living a dream. It
is very beautiful here and the beauty gobsmacks me anew daily.

It feels like more Open Space magic, to have WOSonOS coming to my new home.
I am very happy that I get to go to WOSonOS this year, in my new home.

What is my favorite thing about living here?! Thanks for asking.  ; )

My favorite thing is that I get to lap swim outdoors, yearround.  I've been
a lap swimmer most of my life but this is the first time I have been able to
swim outdoors. It feels like joyful magic every single day. Forget the
Golden Gate Bridge. Forget the Pacific Ocean. The real magic, for me, is
heated, outdoor lap pools.