huge group with no tables?

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Fri Mar 14 20:16:30 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I would appreciate your help.  Next week the StoryWeaving Design Team meets
to dream and plan together for recording and sharing stories and hosting
rich, strategic conversations among the 10,000 or so delegates and visitors
at the 2008 Girl Scout National Convention.  This time around, large group
collaborative methods will be interwoven into the 3 day business meeting
(which includes delegates voting) at the National Council Session.

Think Robert's Rules meets Conversations that Matter.

One of our biggest challenges is physical space.  In a previous posting, I
got wonderful feedback suggesting that we create more space by eliminating
tables.  Picture 1500+ circles of six.  Have any of you ever done a longish
meeting with small circles but no tables?  If so, what did people do with
all their stuff?  This group will be laden with artifacts they pick up in
the exhibit halls, notebooks, personal items, water, etc.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or experiences you can share.  If you are
able to respond before next Monday, March 16, that would be great.

Warm wishes from breezy Phoenix,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
CWS - Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy