huge group with no tables?

Sharon Quarrington sharonq at pdesigns.com
Sat Mar 15 04:30:50 PDT 2008

Christine:

We've done many large group meetings of all sorts and every time the
sessions go better without the tables.  If you distribute carry bags
for the "stuff" as most conferences do then folk will have a place for
things from the exibit hall.  Water bottles and snacks go at the
participants feet and the focus becomes the other people in the circle
rather than the stuff on the table.  People find it a bit odd at first
but soon adjust and eventually love it.

One option if you have a lot of stuff is a checking service for things
so people can park them and free them up during the discussions.

Sharon