Heroine's Journey and OST

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Mar 26 11:00:15 PDT 2008

Doc--

As I recall the conversations from several years ago the things these
women and men taught me started with the idea that the feminine role has
often been to stay home when the male went off into the world. The
journey therefore was more a staying and pondering and tending the
hearth fires and the children and family, staying near home while
pregnant, nurturing. Or think of the crone, offering wisdom of the moon.

For some reason I am thinking they made reference to a book called
something like The Chalice and the Blade.

So I started out as you have said, seeing nothing gender specific in the
Heroe's Journey, then finding that there was more depth to be explored.

Back then to the question, how would all this map to OS? Can we be
inclusive of these notions, too?

It is possible I can find the notes and delve deeper....

			:- Doug.