World Open Space on Open Space 2008 - July in San Francisco

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Mar 5 08:10:56 PST 2008

[Thanks, Michael P, and hello, Ralph and dear colleagues - Below is some
information about our World Open Space (WOSonOS) week in San Francisco,
California, USA during the dates of July 21 through July 28.  The WOSonOS
begins with a casual reception on the evening of July 22 and runs through
mid-afternoon on July 26...however there are more activities you may wish to
consider.  As the WOSonOS is not a training, those of you who are new to the
method are invited to come to any of our trainings around the world - and we
are including one in San Francisco the week of the conference.  Take a look
below - there is also a lovely evening with 'the guy in the hat'.   When you
register you will receive a list of accommodations, complete with distance
from the sites (the lovely Fort Mason and the Presidio of San Francisco),
bus lines and all, so you can continue your planning. The invitation is
below. And soon I will let you know about our website, where you can find
out about airports, accommodation, activities in the region, local weather
and more.   Before that website launch, if any of you have any questions,
please do not hesitate to ask.  I look forward to seeing many of you in San
Francisco in July! On behalf of the WOSonOS 2008 Host Team - Lisa Heft]

The Open Space Institute of the US, Sister Open Space Institutes around the
world

and international colleagues invite you to

the 16th  World Open Space on Open Space (WOSonOS)

A conference in Open Space, for facilitators, organizations and colleagues
who use Open Space

in

San Francisco, California, USA

July 21 through July 28, 2008 *

What Can We Learn / Share / Teach / Explore / Discover with Each Other

about our Work in Open Space around the World?

* We invite you to a week of Open Space events:

Monday and Tuesday, July 21 and 22, 2008

Open Space Learning Workshop

(separate fee, separate registration - open to the public - for more
information contact lisaheft at openingspace.net)

As the WOSonOS is not a training but rather an invitation to explore OST on
deeper levels, we invite all of you who have not yet experienced
facilitating and using this method to take the Open Space Learning Workshop,
another Open Space workshop or have some actual facilitation experience in
Open Space -before- attending this conference.

Tuesday, July 22, evening

Author Evening with Harrison Owen

(a free event, open to the public, donations welcome, please pre-register)

Join Harrison Owen, the originator of Open Space Technology, as we celebrate
the launch of the Third Edition of the fundamental book on Open Space, "Open
Space Technology: A User's Guide" - Berrett-Kohler, Publishers, Inc, San
Francisco 2008.

Wednesday, July 23, evening

Welcome Reception to meet old and new friends and colleagues

(included in the WOSonOS registration fee, registered delegates only)

Thursday, July 24 through Saturday, July 26, 2008

World Open Space on Open Space

for facilitators, organizations and colleagues who use Open Space

(included in the WOSonOS registration fee, registered delegates only -
conference, Wednesday reception, Thursday through Saturday lunches, and
Thursday evening celebration dinner)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Fabulous Facilitators lunch and conversation

(a free event, open to all facilitators, donations welcome - for more
information contact lisaheft at openingspace.net)

A monthly meeting of facilitators from across the San Francisco Bay Area -
come visit colleagues in our local network and join our conversation about
group facilitation and group process.

This week of Open Space learning, exploration, interchange and celebration
will be followed by an

OpenSpace-OnlineR event in September 2008 (WOSOonOS 2008).

The date and time for our online event will be announced later in 2008. To
receive advance notice about this event please go to
http://www.openspace-online.com/event/WOSOonOS-2008

To register, visit  <http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=150208>
http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=150208

L i s a   H e f t