OST on Wikipedia (was: OST becoming mainstream)

Jeff Aitken magic.teams at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 21:03:01 PDT 2008

I facilitated an OST for wiki folk last month, in partnership with John Abbe, who knows that community well. I've just asked John for connections to Wikipedia editors and/or other resource folk on this issue.

Jeff

Jeff Aitken
San Francisco
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:54:44 -0600
> From: raffi at BK.RU
> Subject: OST on Wikipedia (was: OST becoming mainstream)
> To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
>
> Lisa and all,
>
> My guess is that perhaps someone who is active in the Wikipedia community
> and experienced in writing entries there could help us.
>
> We might see ourselves as open source, sharing information, non-proprietary,
> etc., etc, etc. But that is not necessarily apparent to someone on the
> outside. Nor might that necessarily be the experience from someone outside
> the OST practitioner community.
>
> I recall submitting a description of OST (Michael Herman's, in fact) a few
> years back for a presentation at a labor psychology conference a few years
> back. And they completely re-wrote it because it sounded too "commercial." !!
>
> best,
> raffi

> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_062008