New Year's Resolutions/eliminating the Middle Man

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Fri Jan 4 08:05:51 PST 2008

Harrison--

You have succeeded in getting me to think precisely where my difficulty
is and where my live questions are. This is how far I have gotten this
morning:

My difficulty with self organization in communities is with the notion
that we have to start with an organization, or we have to create one. Or
create a movement. The live question for me is how to overcome that
manner of thinking; how to foster self-organization thinking.

This might come down to finding or making poke holes in the fabric of
community, where we can rip open the grey cloth with which we have
covered self organization.

Or it might mean pointing out (to whom?) that self organization is what
is already going on: with the results we are currently getting; and with
the possible results in the direction we want to go.

				:- Doug.