What can one do with only one balloon ??

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Sun Apr 20 08:59:29 PDT 2008

Hello All,

The ballooning conversation reminded me of something I've just
suggested to a client involving
only one balloon.

A company has defined a few core values.

Members of the management team each are responsable for one value in
the sense that in each month,
there is a focus on one value.

The MT-member responsable for the value "engaging" asked my help in how
to do this.
You won't be surprised there will be an OS event that month, engaing
not only staff but also clients
and suppliers.

However, they have a canteen, where staff present has their lunch. So I
thought of the following,
and it seems they'll do this.

- at one of the 6 tables, a helium filled balloon will be posted with
"The Day's question".
- whoever feels like discussing the question can join the table;
- anyone can apply for having his/her question "on the balloon" on a
day this month;
- if there are more questions than days, of course there's a couple of
extra balloons available;
- if there are no more questions, that is the only thing that could
happen ............ and when it's over, it's over
- if there is a question on the first day after the month
ends,.......... it's not over.

Guess where I got the inspiration from.

Greetings from Denmark,

Gerard Muller
Open Space Institute Denmark
Phone: (+45) 21269621							Skype: openspace1
Mail: gm at openspace.dk