new

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Sun Oct 14 14:45:13 PDT 2007

Hi Niko,

When working internationally I have frequently had the experience of not
understanding a large part of what was going on in the meeting.  For me, it
makes it much more likely that I can pull off Harrison's advice to "do one
less thing" as the facilitator.

Every Open Space meeting, or any other meeting for that matter, loses some
participants along the way.  Thank goodness we embrace this in Open Space so
that, as facilitators, we can continue to hold the space and therefore, not
take their leaving personally.  I must admit, it still feels strange to me
too because of the way my mama raised me.  But I have become quite fond of
those bumblebees and butterflies.

Thanks for sharing your experience and helping us to learn with you, Niko.

Warmly from breezy, sunny Phoenix,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
CWS - Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy