barcamp - the open space analog? has anybody heard about this?

Yana Demenko yana at demenko.info
Thu Oct 18 16:39:48 PDT 2007

Dear friends,

I just found interesting information about BlogCamp CIS and Baltics -
unconference event on new media, blogs and web 2.0 that took place in
Kyiv, Ukraine on Oct. 13-14, 2007.

The organizers of this event are sharing an article which describes
the format and results of it. Those of you who understand Russian may
have a look at this link http://blogcamp.com.ua/index.php?
title=Main_Page.

My first reaction on this article was: "No doubts, this is an open
space event!". The only difference is the length of the sessions
(they used only 20 minutes for each one - 60 sessions per 2 days!
Wow :)) and no circle for the opening ... other things seems the same
to me. All this process organizers calls "unconference event in the
barcamp format". A bit more about barcamp format I found here http://
barcamp.org/ (in English).

Has anybody heard about this?

Sweet dreams to Europe, have a nice day, Australia, good morning
America :-)

Greetings from Ukraine,
Yana

---
Yana Demenko
[e-mail] yana at demenko.info
[mob] +38.067.4046322
[post] p.o.box 4-B, 01001, Kyiv-1, Ukraine
[web] www.demenko.info
---