More funding community work?

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Nov 20 17:32:03 PST 2007

Lisa--

> I think just like ‘selling’ Open Space, it can be hard to sell funding
> for these kinds of things before people themselves see a need, and it
> does not usually make sense to ‘sell’ based on a process or a tool you
> will use.

Yes, and I think this points up that the last iteration of the question
needs further refinement. For I do not see it as a job of selling, but
of meeting needs, and finding some way to get supported in doing the
work. In other words, grain for the oxen doing the work.

But these words are inadequate to the task. Perhaps you have a better
way to frame it, or someone else can jump in here, too. Peggy?

Help!

> Perhaps there are some funders who will understand the value of
> funding dialogue and democracy

Yes, I agree that these are good search terms, ones I had not thought of
using. Thank you, Lisa.

			:- Doug.