more funding community work?

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Nov 20 17:45:48 PST 2007

Harrison--

Many thanks for your encouraging and engaging words. I do love the idea
of Just Do It.

Corollary to that for me is the idea of finding who cares--because those
are the persons who can do the funding or can find those who will.

Still I find myself trying to refine my question. It is not simply a
matter of getting funded, but of...what? Being supported? Being able to
move in the arenas I want to move in?

No, that's not it, either, because I can move where I want, I just have
to earn enough on my paying work to pay for this work. And of course
that is one legitimate funding source available to most of us. Jeff
Aitken mentioned this earlier.

Maybe it is that I am asking to engage the group imagination here.
Specifics: that's what I would like to hear about. Where did the funding
come from for Chris Corrigan's latest work in community? Or yours? Or
anyone else's that you know of? Where do you imagine we might look for
funding sources? Who would care enough for dialogue and conversation
community work to work on the funding? How widely and wildly can we
imagine?

			:- Doug.