Funding Community Work?

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 14 13:55:03 PST 2007

Hi--

Peggy and I have been noodling around on this question, and we both want
to invite the the input of as wide a community as possible.

How are you funding your community work?

The longer version of the question is, If you work for more healthy
communities (however you might define those terms) does your great work
support you financially? If so, how are you making that happen in
today's world?

        * Think of John Engle's work in Haiti which seems to be
        supported by a foundation and probably a lot of work seeking
        grants.

        * Think of Chris Corrigan's work among first nations peoples,
        which seems to be largely supported by provincial governments
        and local tribes.

        * Think of Cheryl Honey's work of Community Weaving, which seems
        to be supported by certification training.

        * Think of others who seem to be supported by being employees of
        NGOs and governments.

Perhaps these "seems to be supported" are wide of the truth. Perhaps you
folks will share your learnings.

How are you funding your community work today?

Thanks!

			:- Doug.