Seeking OS assistance in Portland, OR -- Oct. 11

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 15:27:31 PDT 2007

Therese--

I respect and appreciate hearing your advice to Susan, but in this case I
disagree with you.   Susan will spend preparation time with this client, probably
in excess of what the $500 would compensate, and will probably make at least
two trips from Seattle, which takes time and incurs expense.

If I were to volunteer to help her, I would honor the time she has already
invested in this, and would want only some help with out-of-pocket expenses.

I've had colleagues lend a hand in some Open Spaces I have facilitated, and
have backed up others on other occasions, in situations where there were no
real funds to be divided.   For me, it is one rewarding aspect of being part of a
community of practice.

I also respect that Susan has the professionalism to arrange for someone to
be in a position to step in, in the event that her travel plans go awry, as
they sometimes do.   In that event, she offers to give her whole fee to the
facilitator, which would leave her unreimbursed for time already expended, which I
feel is very generous.

With respect and a deep bow,

Joelle

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new