AW: long: Vignettes of an arts os

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sat Jul 21 09:01:07 PDT 2007

Doug -

You wrote:

Another "antidote" I want to try is to go sit in on the conversations

for longer periods of time. I did sit in on about every conversation,

but only for about a minute each.

It seems as facilitator I seldom know what happens at the meeting--I

need someone else to report what went on.

Could it have been simply that you were personally involved in the group and
its work and yearned to be part of it, and that instead of facilitating
maybe you could have had someone else facilitate so you could participate?
I'm referring to the thoughts you wrote about being outside of the
conversations and the work, sitting in on the conversations, and wanting to
know what happens at the meeting.

For the content of what happens, you can read their Book of Proceedings,
yes?

I may be projecting here between the lines but it feels to me that you
wanted very much to participate, and indeed did so (sit in on the
conversations) more than you might have with some other group's event...?

>From foggy Berkeley, California,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator