AW: long: Vignettes of an arts os

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat Jul 21 09:35:46 PDT 2007

Lisa--

That is a good way to read it, Lisa, though I think it was somewhat
different.

I am not a painter or fine artist, and much of what they were talking
about had no meaning or heart for me. Nor am I a member of the group.
What I had heart for was seeing that they had a good conversation, so I
suppose that was where I was close to the situation. That, and I like to
be in juicy conversations.

Yes, I have read their book of proceedings. I was present but not
participating--this is another way of saying what I felt. Or: I was in
the room, but not in the conversations.

In reports from Michael Herman and Chris Corrigan and others, you often
tell of the tremendous things that people do, but how do you get to know
of those things if you are not somehow observing closely?

Do you sit in on the conversations ever? When and to what extent? (When
I sat in on these conversations, I listened only.)

			:- Doug.