Michael Pannwitz's comment about OSonOS 2008 in Berlin

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 16:58:33 PST 2007

In a message dated 1/19/07 2:21:24 PM, larry at spiritedorg.com writes:

> The face to face connections and support are not things I can get from a
> virtual event. Hugging my computer monitor is just not the same.  So, I
> support a focus on a World Wide event where the chance of worldwide
> participation is high.  So I can connect to both old and new friends.
> Maybe that is no longer possible in our virtual and tension filled
> world, but I still want it.

I'm with Larry on this!   I like having a worldwide event, and like moving it
to various parts of the world.   My travel budget is slimmer than it used to
be, and overseas travel is more difficult now that I have some severe diet
restrictions.   But a worldwide OSONOS is always going to be a top priority.

Maybe we need something like what Gabriela suggested, a voting process that
lets those of us who are unable to be physically present participate in
choosing the next location.   I'm delighted that the Ukraine has such a thriving OS
community, and that they enthusiastically invited us there.   But for myself, I
am disappointed to have the annual gathering two years in a row in locations
which present some big challenges for me.   I'd like to see us return the the
idea we proposed when we first moved OSONOS away from North America--to move
from continent to continent, to include local participants from many regions
and to make the travel easier for a different group each time.

Regional OSONOS and internet connections are great, but a face to face,
worldwide OSONOS is something very special.   I want to be a part of that as often
as I can.

Joelle Everett
Shelton, Washington, USA