Michael Pannwitz's comment about OSonOS 2008 in Berlin

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Fri Jan 19 14:20:29 PST 2007

I also like the proliferation of OSonOS events around the world, in
local, regional and international contexts.  I also have limited time
and financial budget to attend events.  I have enjoyed the opportunity
to travel to various locations with a good chance that there would be
about 50% from the place where it is held and 50% from around the world.

I'm working with a client that has video face to face with telemedicine
all across the Province.  I know large corporations do it across the
world so that you can see pictures as well as hear voices.  We're not
there yet in the OSWorld community.  There are real limits to
asynchronous, typed conversations for me even those they are of some
real value.

The face to face connections and support are not things I can get from a
virtual event. Hugging my computer monitor is just not the same.  So, I
support a focus on a World Wide event where the chance of worldwide
participation is high.  So I can connect to both old and new friends.
Maybe that is no longer possible in our virtual and tension filled
world, but I still want it.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation