Something new?

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Jan 9 07:13:35 PST 2007

A similar story to Harrison's was my experience in December only the
scale was smaller.  A newly developing Social Entrepreneurs Alliance in
Toronto chose to open the space to engage small business, activists and
academics to discover the "sweet spot" where their interests converged.
The staff at the meeting space neglected to come early and open the
doors.  We found a way, thanks to a resident of an adjoining building,
to get into the meeting space hall way, but the rooms were locked.  All
the set up of food and OST gathered along the walls as the 50 people
stared crowding in.  One hall area, next to elevators, was larger than
others so we started setting up to use that space to open, with breakout
spaces up and down the labyrinth of halls.  Just as we were moving
toward opening, security came and then everyone helped to move food,
signs and set up the chairs.  Of course, it was a wonderful Open Space
as everybody was already engaged and having fun.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada