Something new?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue Jan 9 04:49:45 PST 2007

Participant adaptability is always wonderful. And it is always good to keep
that that capacity for adaptation in mind when we (as facilitators) get
worried about doing things "perfectly." Perfect never seems to happen and it
(OS) always seems to work regardless - so long as the people really care.

My favorite example occurred when the hotel we were working in messed up and
had rented our large room to another group for the 2nd day. Not only did we
(about 250 of us) have to move, we had to carry all the issues signs with us
- and we did not have access to the new room until 10 minutes before the
starting time. No problem. Everybody gathered at the old room on the morning
of the second day, picked up everything we needed, and then set out on a
marvelous parade right through the middle of the lobby and on to our new
site. Definitely surprised the Management, as well as other guests, when 250
folks showed up in the lobby singing songs and accompanying themselves of
waste baskets (loudly) at 8 am! But space was opened. Worked just like
usual!!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html