the Hmong language

Tree Fitzpatrick tree.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 16:04:11 PST 2007

I don't really know much about Hmong but I did a tiny bit of pro bono work
for some Hmong clients when I used to practice law, Lisa.  It is my
recollection that there really is no written Hmong language.  One great
barrier Hmong refugees faced was that their culture was almost pre-literate
so coming to America and learning English meant learning to read for the
first time, learning for the first time to recognize symbols for language.
And within Hmong culture, there are a very surprisingly large number of
different languages.

So. . . the challenge of translating the principles of OS into Hmong are
great.

Please let us know, LIsa, what you find out.

Sincerely,
Tree Fitzpatrick