BarCamp Opening on YouTube

Martin Truelove martin.truelove at bradford.gov.uk
Wed Feb 14 03:05:20 PST 2007

Yes, & yet it seems very wordy - aren't some things better 'explained'
by action, eg walking to the different spaces for groups. More words
sometimes equal less engagement, don't they?
 I've left the show at 4 minutes 49 secs, as I really want the group to
start!
I'm a bit of a purist on the "elements", as they carry the spirit of OS
into the room, though I'd like these to be more complicated, when I
doubt OS can really work!
As Edward deBono says, here in the UK, simplicity is a value which has
to be worked very hard at, when complexity is so much more widely
respected ( & so much easier to retreat into) .
More straightforwardly, maybe the spirit of an event escapes
transmission over the tubes.....
Martin