BarCamp Opening on YouTube

Sharon Quarrington sharonq at pdesigns.com
Wed Feb 14 06:59:43 PST 2007

> Yes, & yet it seems very wordy - aren't some things better 'explained'
> by action, eg walking to the different spaces for groups. More words
> sometimes equal less engagement, don't they?
I wonder if the BarCamp folk were attempting to "simplify" OS by
removing the principles, the walking, the post its etc and ended up
actually making it more difficult and cumbersome.  I also found it
intriguing that if the one pure OS piece that was kept was the Law of
Mobility.

The wonderful thing for me was that irrespective of rough spots (IMO of
course) it really didn't matter - folks with passion attended and self
organization happened.  Very reassuring for me that no matter how I
stumble in an opening if those elements are in place amazing things happen!

Sharon