A Capital Idea

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 22:00:44 PST 2007

Hi Ralph,

In the western United States and perhaps other spots on the planet, if you
write "open space" people will think you are referring to land that is not
developed.  In fact, Michael Hermann, Claudia Haack and I just completed a
project with the City of Aspen, Colorado where the sponsors referred to the
OST events as SOME (Self Organized Meeting Extravaganza) Meetings.  This
was, in part, because the issue/opportunity had to do with the highway
entrance to Aspen that could impact the open space land.

I find myself referring to Open Space or Open Space Technology or OST when
intentionally distinguishing it as the method we know and love.  But I don't
generally capitalize "opening the space" when referring to what it is that
we do.

Namasté,

Christine

CWS - Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy