Mixing action planning and

Beverley Neff bev at cariboolinks.com
Fri Feb 23 09:10:33 PST 2007

Hi folks,

With the help of a good team, I am hosting and facilitating a day and a
half OS next weekend here in my own community. (Send your prayers!) The
theme is "Living Together on Saturna Island: Issues and Opportunities".
I am expecting about 40-50 people. Saturna has about 300 residents,
even more part time residents.

Saturday is a full day with three breakout session. Sunday is a half
day, with distribution of the Book of Proceedings, reopening for action
planning (one session) and then a closing circle.

Sunday we meet from 9 AM to 2 PM. And here is my dilemma: I love the
idea of the Book of Proceedings on each chair when people come in early
for coffee. And yet I still want to ask if there are any other topics
that have come up after a night's sleep. If so, we could have one more
time slot for breakout sessions before we reopen for action planning
and one shorter session for immediate next steps, followed by a
half-hour lunch break and closing circle.

If there are no further topics, then we'd have the option of going
right into non-convergence and finishing early. Nobody would mind that!

What do you think? Should I include that first Sunday time-slot in the
time/space matrix on Saturday or just offer it on Sunday? Should I drop
the whole idea?

Any feedback will be deeply appreciated by this relative newbie to
facilitating OS.

Many thanks for being there!

Beverley Neff
Saturna Island, BC Canada