Mixing action planning and

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Fri Feb 23 10:13:39 PST 2007

Hello Beverly,

Could you say a bit how you intend to do your action planning ?

Reading your story I thought about a pattern I have observed in quite a
number of Open Space meetings,
which is that a limited number of topics seems to be discussed in many
groups, no matter the topics these groups
"officially" have on the agenda.  And these recurring topics often are
not mentioned as such on the agenda at all.

If I have a day and a half, as the first step on the second day I often
ask whether there are any really important topics which we have
forgotten on the first day, or which have been discussed but are not
mentioned as such on the first day's agenda.
These are then added.

The alternative I sometimes use is to simply reopen for action planning.

In both cases new topics may be put up that people feel like
discussing, even though the invitation is to move
towards action planning - and the new ones may never reach the stage of
becoming an action plan - but then,
that's the only thing that could happen.

Greetings from a snowstorm in Svenmark,

Gerard Muller
Open Space Institute Denmark
Phone: (+45) 21269621					Skype: openspace1
Mail: gm at openspace.dk