OS for research planning

Bo Laurent bo at BOLAURENT.COM
Mon Dec 10 15:38:15 PST 2007

Hi OSList,

I'm a newcomer to the list. I've been to a demonstration of OS by Lisa Heft,
and I'm now involved in planning a conference (for spring of 2009) that will
use OS, and a diverse group of invited participants, to generate new ideas
for research. The field is a healthcare issue in which progress has been
obstructed by isolation, adversarial factions, and too little attention to
human functioning in social systems.

We're working now on raising money to support the conference. Do you have
examples you can share with me, or point me to, where OS has been used in
scientific research? Especially in generating new ideas, questions,
perspectives, methodologies, and collaborations?

Thanks,

Bo