R éseau francophone FO – OS French Network

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Mon Dec 10 10:08:29 PST 2007

Hi Larry,

You are one of the pioneers of OST in Canada and the support you communicated (your message below) to the newly created OS French Network is very appreciated by members, old and new, of the OST francophone community in Canada.

This new network is effectively cause for rejoycing. The «Reseau francophone Forum ouvert» is both anchored in OSIC and is a new wing of OSIC. This image of wings is uplifting as we think of how it will enhance our work and the promotion of OST as a great democratic way of doing things. It's also anchored in OSIC since the people who organized the first francophone OSonOS last September and then this francophone OS network, recognized the seeds OSIC had gradually been sowing in the broad francophone community of Canada and they became OSIC members or were already members. The family is growing and now better represents the two largest language communities in Canada.

Harrison encourages everyone to produce OS materials in any language so that it can be better shared. The francophone network is a step in that direction since its support will certainly encourage those who are presently working on developing more materials in French.

I'm looking forward to our next OSIC meeting January 22, 08. It will certainly have new colours.

Diane